Dissolution of Pilsley Bowls Club
At the Annual General Meeting held on 11th December 2018 it was decided to close Pilsley Bowls Club.
The decision was not taken lightly and everyone at the meeting was disappointed and upset.
Primary reasons for reaching the decision include.
· Limited number of players (Approx. 22 for 2018 Season)
· Disillusioned players deciding to leave the club and play somewhere else in 2019.
· Lack of players for 2019 season meant that the bowls club would have to remove teams from the leagues.
· Reducing the number of teams in the league would reduce the weekly revenue of the club making it not financially viable long-term.
· Lack of league teams would result in some players not getting a game, hence they would seek a game at another club.
We would like to thank everyone that has supported Pilsley Bowls Club over the last 35 years.
If you are interested in playing bowls, please visit Arkwright MW Bowls Club.www.arkwrightmwbc.co.uk